What is CECA?
The Committee for Education and Cultural Action (CECA) is one of the oldest International Committees of the International Council of Museums (ICOM). With over 1,000 members coming from about 85 countries, CECA is also one of its largest Committees. Members are professionals working in different sectors of the museum field or in institutions related to this field, as educators, curators, professors, communication agents or interpreters interested in education and cultural action applied to a particular sort of heritage.
For more information about CECA, please see: http://network.icom.museum/ceca/.
Becoming a CECA Member
By becoming a member of ICOM-CECA, you will join a worldwide network of over 1200 professionals working in museums, universities and other institutions linked to the museum world, thereby supporting international cooperation and exchange on museum education and cultural action.
As well as exchanging information on important professional issues and sharing your experiences with others, meeting interesting people in your own professional field and often making friends for life, as an ICOM-CECA member you can:
- Attend the Annual Conference, hosted by colleagues in a different part of the world each year.
- Submit a proposal to contribute a presentation or poster to the Annual Conference.
- Participate in the Annual Meeting of the CECA General Assembly (which takes place during the Annual Conference).
- Use your voting rights and have an active say in our policies.
- Apply for grants and awards available only to CECA members.
- Get access to electronic publications and resources, and inspiring best practice of colleagues.
- Serve on the CECA Board.
For more information and instructions to become a member, please see: http://network.icom.museum/ceca/membership/becoming-a-member/.